Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Green Salad with Goat Cheese, Pecans, and Craisins

Taken from Livin, Laughin, Lovin.... and Eatin too.

Romaine or bibb lettuce, chopped
Green onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 of a bundle)
Celery, finely chopped (4-5 full stalks)
Crumbled goat cheese
Craisins
Grape tomatoes, halved
Candied Pecans, chopped

For the dressing:
1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup of balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp of brown sugar

Candied Pecans:
In a sauce pan, melt 2 tbsp of butter/margarine over low to med heat; add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans and 2 tbsp of brown sugar; stir for a few minutes until well coated; remove and cool completely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW MANY SERVINGS THIS RECIPE IS FOR? THE SALAD DRESSING SEEMS LIKE A VERY SMALL AMOUNT AND I WANTED TO SERVE 7 PEOPLE.
THANKS MUCH!
JUDY CARDER

mfb said...

I'M NOT SURE HOW MANY CRAISINS YOUR SUPPSOED TO PUT IN I PUT IN ABOUT 30 HOW MANY DO YOU THINK I SHOULD PUT IN

MICHAEL

MA Girl in the OC said...

@Mike I just eyeball it. I usually put in about a 1/2 cup of craisins.